Wednesday, October 27, 2010

PUMPKIN CARVING

October 24th – Today we decided to carve the pumpkin we selected from Walden Farms. I always remember carving a pumpkin with my family when I was younger so I really wanted to start that tradition with Avery and David. At first we were not going to do it with Avery but then a friend at work told me about these carving kits that are safe for kids. So we decided to try it. What an adventure we had. Avery wanted to carve the entire pumpkin by herself and didn’t understand that we needed to help her and do all the cutting. She helped us scoop all the pumpkin insides out and only managed to have one tantrum. We finally gave her the top of the pumpkin and a tool to play with and let her go at it while we finished. I ended up breaking all the tools in the kit (must be all the working out I have been doing) and we had pumpkin all over us by the end of the night. However, I think our pumpkin turned out pretty good.

Up next: roasting the pumpkin seeds (which I’ve never done).

Avery waiting taking it easy while Daddy and I get all the supplies together.

Avery and Daddy getting ready for our first annual pumpkin carving!

Avery is such a good helper. She wasn't afraid to get dirty.

Avery having a tantrum because we wouldn't let her play with the sharp tools. Ok so they weren't really sharp and she did end up getting to play with them.

Avery and Daddy with the finished product.

Our "happy" pumpkin.

No comments: