Wednesday, October 27, 2010

GOODBYE FRIEND

October 26th – I hate goodbyes. I’ve never been good at saying goodbye. I hate airports because to me it is full of loved ones saying goodbye.

Well the last few days I knew my oldest friend in TN and neighbor, Lisa, was moving back to Chicago and that we would have to say goodbye. We have known each other for about 7 years and have lived side by side for six of those years. I have always taken advantage of the fact that she lived next door and that I could see her when ever I wanted. I am really going to miss her! She has become really close with Avery. David and I call her Aunt Lisa and Avery calls her “My Lisa”. I was really worried how Avery would take her leaving.

Lisa came over to say goodbye and when we told Avery she seemed to be fine with it. Lisa and I shed many tears last night which seemed to puzzle Avery. But I know and hope that Lisa continues to be an important friend in our lives.

We love you Lisa and will miss you more than you will know. But I hope we will continue to be friends / family forever! Good luck in Chicago! And don’t worry we will visit all the time.

No comments: