Sunday, September 6, 2009

FIRST DATE

September 6th - Seven years ago today David and I had our very first date. We met on-line (match.com) and had been talking for a while, but we finally met each other on 9/6/2002. We decided to meet for lunch in case we didn't like each other. He picked me up and we went to O'Brian's in Durham. They had great ribs and shrimp (I say had because I believe all O'Brians have now closed). It started out as a normal lunch with small talk and moments of silence. It then became a lunch I will never forget. As David poured ketchup on his fries, a roach crawled across the table and we both laughed. During this lunch I had no idea David would capture my heart, we would move to another state together, get married and have a beautiful little girl. I have enjoyed these last seven years getting to know him and growing as a couple. Thanks for being the best date of my life. Love you baby!

No comments: