Sunday, September 6, 2009

HAPPY BIRTHDAY (TO ME)

September 7th - I was born on Labor Day many, many years ago. I won't tell you how many years ago because that is just for me and a select few to know. I had a great birthday. It started out with David fixing me and Avery breakfast. We spent the day running errands and just spending time as a family. We decided to go eat Mexican for dinner and invited our good friend Lisa to join us. As we headed to dinner we had to take a different route because of a bad wreck (foreshadowing). As we pulled in the turn lane to head to the Mexican restaurant, another car decided he wanted our spot and hit us in the process of taking it. Everyone is ok and thankfully he hit on my side of the car and not Avery's. So we spent part of our evening talking to the friendly Smyrna police. Finally we arrived at the Mexican restaurant to find it closed. Yikes, now we need to go find another place. Needless to say my birthday is one I will not forget.

Avery helps me blow out the candles on my birthday cake. My Mom makes this awesome almond cake, so David made it for my birthday. It was yummy. We even let Avery have some.

No comments: