Friday, November 14, 2008

ROLL BABY ROLL

October 14th –

Warning: this may be a long story, so read on if you have time.

This week has been a big week at the Diamond household. Tuesday nights are Mommy - daughter nights since David bowls. That night I went to put Avery on her matt so we could play in the floor. She was a little wiggly so when I put her down she immediately rolled over on her tummy. I was shocked!! I was not sure if she did that on her own or if I made her do that. I immediately called David to tell him what happened. I rolled her over thinking if she did it on her own she would do it again. Well she didn't which lead me to believe I made her roll over.

I took her to "fun place" on Wednesday and her teacher asked me if she had been doing anything new at home. I asked her if Avery rolled over at school and she said yes and proceeded to tell me all about it. I managed to hold it together but as soon as I got in the car I cried. I had just missed one of Avery's milestones, what a horrible feeling. I truly felt the tug that working Moms feel. I know I need to work for many reasons, a paycheck, my sanity……but at that moment I really wanted to be a stay at home Mom!!

So that night David and I placed Avery on her matt waiting intently for Avery to roll over for us. I think we spent 30 minutes (which felt like forever) on the floor and Avery didn't even begin to roll over. I wonder if we made her nervous just staring at her, waiting for her to do something.

We repeated the same thing last night except I had the camera ready the whole time in case she did decide to roll over. I guess she was tired of David and me staring at her so she gave in and rolled over for us. We both screamed in delight as Avery looked at us like we were crazy. Needless to say I did not capture it on camera. Oh well, at least we got to see her roll over. I did manage to take a picture after she rolled over and a short video trying to get her to do it again. I’ll post these over the weekend.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aw, that is a sweet story! I am so afraid that Sam is going to experience one of those milestones at day care and I'm going to miss it! :(