Monday, July 7, 2008

AVERY IS 1 MONTH OLD

Avery and her cupcake. It was Strawberry flavored.
Avery and her tiny cake.
Avery managed to get her hand in the icing on the cake. I have a feeling she is going to like cake / icing as much as her Mommy.

July 7th - Avery turned one month old today. We celebrated by having a cupcake and a small cake. We can find any good reason to celebrate with sweets, especially cupcakes. I can't believe it has been a month since Avery joined our family. It has been both a joyous and difficult month. Here are some things that have happened in Avery's first month: she is now in her own bassinet, nursing is getting better, she is sleeping more at night and staying a little more awake during the day, she is starting to look at David and I more, and she is starting to play more with her tummy time sets. Since Avery's birth she has been to Opry Mills with friends, church, her Great Grandparents house, Uncle Frank/Aunt Sandy's house, shopping, Cracker Barrel and McDonalds. As for me, each day gets better. Avery and I try to get out of the house as much as possible and I am beginning to understand her cries a little more. I still have to choose between a nap and a shower most days but do get some time when David gets home.

I still can’t believe David and I are parents. I look at Avery and can’t stand how cute she is. I really understand how proud a mother can be of her child. I am amazed every time she smiles and I just love all the cute faces she makes, though I swear I saw her roll her eyes at me the other day, but even that was cute.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Avery!! Tell momy that the cupcake looked great - wish I had one too!

Donita said...

I LOVE it that you got Avery a cupcake for her birthday! What a great idea. She has grown up so much in just a few weeks.