Friday, June 20, 2008

HELLO

Mommy, Daddy and I in our backyard.
Mommy and I.
Great Grandma Brooks.
Daddy and I on my first walk.

June 20th - Hi, I'm Avery. My Mommy has been so busy and really wanted to update our blog..so...I thought I would help her out since she has been taking care of me. Since I came home I have spent time with Queen Mother Springs. She took some pictures of our new family and some of just me; well actually, she took a ton of just me. I think she is addicted to taking pictures. I also got to celebrate Daddy's first Father's Day. He really enjoyed his day and kept thanking Mommy for giving him a healthy baby girl. On Monday I went to my first pediatrician appointment and found out I lost 2 ounces and grow a half inch. I cried the whole visit and decided to show everyone whose boss by peeing on the weigh station - TWICE.

One day my Great Grandparents came to visit and brought Mommy and Daddy lunch and dinner. I had fun spending the day with them.

On Wednesday Grandma Diamond came to spend a week with us. I was so excited to meet her and get to spend some time with her. She is being a big help so Mommy can get some sleep. Mommy has been really tired. She hasn't been getting much sleep at night and during the day she has been trying to do too much. She is now trying to take everyone's advice and start sleeping while I am sleeping. She has been nursing me and that is hard on her and she is very emotional. I try to make her laugh daily by peeing on her when she changes my diaper.

Today was a big day for me, my umbilical stump fell off. Mommy was worried about my stump because I had some dried blood around it. She was so worried she called my doctor and asked about it, she thought the cord would fall off and my belly button would look like hers, not the case. A couple of hours later when she changed my diaper she found the stump stuck to my onesie.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Avery,
Tell your mommy that she is doing a great job and to take it one day at a time! You are very lucky to have her as a mommy!!