Monday, July 12, 2010

I DO IT MYSELF MOMMY!

July 9th – Avery seems to want to do everything herself. She wants to dress herself, wash her own face, wash me while I give her a bath, I mean everything. You name it and she wants to try and do it herself. I really want to raise Avery to be independent but when you have to leave the house at a certain time this independence can make you crazy.

Avery in her PJs after I helped her.
Avery in her PJs. She put the shirt on all by herself. The shirt is inside out and I think she is trying to look cute with one shoulder out. But she did put on her shirt and shorts all by herself. She was really proud and so was I.
Do you remember the first time you looked at your child and saw that they might possibly become someone you didn’t want them to become? That happened to me this weekend. I don’t really care what Avery is when she grows up as long as she is happy (well I guess I mean that within reason). I don’t really care what college she attends as long as she goes and gets a good education. I do however have a problem with her being a Duke fan. I mean there are so many Duke Fans out there, we really don’t need anymore. Plus I don’t know if I can live with two of them. David has a Duke Bobble head and for some strange reason Avery has decided this is her baby and she carries it around as if it was a baby doll. I apparently don’t have enough State gear around the house. That is going to change, NOW!

Avery and her baby. You can't tell from this picture but it is a Duke Bobble head. Not really sure what she sees in this baby!

1 comment:

Finnspace said...

Hahaha, you're so funny. Sam is turning into quite the independent chick too. Which is good in a way but might drive me crazy later. Super cute pics!