Wednesday, June 9, 2010

VACATION 2010

May 28 - June 5: We took our summer vacation to see family in North Carolina. Since Avery was born we try to visit NC around her birthday so her Grandparents can celebrate with her. This year we decided to drive and I have to say Avery was a perfect traveler, she did great in the car, which the portable DVD player we borrowed may have had a lot to do with that. Below are some pictures from the many adventures we had.

Avery taking a cat nap, doesn't she look comfortable?

Ever since we moved away from NC I have been missing the beach. I have been wanting to take Avery to the beach and we finally did. We only got to spend about 30 minutes there b/c it was raining. BUT IT WAS WORTH IT.

Avery loved the beach. At first she wasn't crazy about the sand but she soon warmed up to it. She wanted to run in the waves, this girl doesn't have much fear.

Playing in the sand. Her hair is wet due to the rain not the water.

We had to leave b/c the rain started coming down hard. When we got to the car we were all soaked. This will be a memory I will never forget.

Another day Avery, Grandma and I went to the pool while Daddy and Grandaddy played golf. This is her and Trevor, a boy she met at the pool. Guess I am going to have problems with her and boys sooner than I thought.

Avery and I playing in the pool. She really is comfortable in the water since we started the swim lessons.

Another day we rented a boat and went to Jordan Lake in Chapel Hill. Here is Aunt Kat in the lake. No she isn't naked.

Granddaddy, Avery and Brianna. He sure does have his arms full.

David and I on the boat.

I got to drive the boat. If they know how I drove a car they would not have let me drive.

David driving the boat.

Avery celebrating her birthday at Granddaddy's house. She wasn't crazy about the hat I tried to make her wear.

Avery making sure she got every last drop of ice cream.

Grandma and Aunt Kat. We decided to make her cake instead of buy one.

And guess who it is.....Mickey Mouse....Avery's favorite.

Avery loved her cake and couldn't wait to eat the frosting.

Apparently one piece wasn't enough, she needed more before she even finished her first piece.

Our family.

Avery being silly.

Avery playing with Granddaddy.


Below is a video of Avery on the beach.

1 comment:

Katherine Broadway said...

Yay, awesome pictures of such a fun fun vacation!