Monday, January 25, 2010

TRIP TO NC

January 15th - 18th: We made a quick trip home to see my Dad, a late birthday present for his 60th! Avery experienced her second plane ride and it was no problem. She tried to talk to everyone and only kicked the seat in front of her a handful of times. On the way back she got her own seat and thought she was such a big girl, even though she wanted to spend most of the time on her feet talking to the passengers behind her. Below are some pictures from our trip.

The weather was nice on Sunday so we took Avery and her cousin Brianna to the park. The girls had fun going down the slides and swinging.

The Diamond family all dressed in red for the NCSU vs. Clemson basketball game. It was Avery's first wolfpack game and I think she really enjoyed it. She liked both teams because she clapped for both teams.

The Diamond family plus my Dad standing in front of the pack of wolves, which is in front of the football field. I sure do miss attending all the state football and basketball games.

Avery and her Grandpa. I have always been a sports fan, especially basketball. How could you not love it when you grow up in NC with so many great basketball programs in such close proximity. I have so many fond memories of watching all kinds of sports with my Dad. One of my favorite memories is that my Dad would take my sister and I to the flea market right before the ACC tournament and we could pick out a sweatshirt of our favorite team to wear while we watch the game. My Dad used to tell us if we would rub our sweatshirt that our team would start playing better. I sure hope Avery becomes a sports fan and has precious memories like I do.

Avery in her own seat on the plane ride back to TN.

Avery and Dada smile for the camera.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awwww, so cute!!! What a fun trip! I LOVE basketball!!!! Did you play? I played all through Jr High and High School - it was my LIFE! I'm scared to take Sam on a plane ride, I just know she wouldn't be able to sit still and would scream the whole time. I need to get over it I know.