Sunday, January 31, 2010

SNOW DAYS

I uploaded the video again since some could not see it, check it out if you weren't able to before.

January 29th - 31st: The most unusual thing happened on Friday in TN. We had snow and lots of it. Work closed early for both David and I, while Avery's daycare closed early as well. By late Friday afternoon we had about 2-3 inches and it kept snowing. We took Avery outside to play in the snow and she had a great time. She had a fit when we told her it was time to go inside. By that evening you couldn't tell we had been outside b/c our foot prints were covered up with fresh snow. We didn't venture out on Saturday b/c it was so cold. However, David and I started going stir crazy being couped up in the house. After about 6 episodes of Agent OSO and Mickey Mouse Clubhouse we decided the TV needed to be turned off.

Therefore we proceeded to have story time (which was me reading to David as Avery ran around), clean up time (which was me picking up all the DVDs while Avery put one away and pulled out 3), exercise time (me chasing Avery around the house and then her chasing me) and color time (me coloring while Avery tore the crayons in half). Today we had had enough. We took a walk in the neighborhood to see how the roads were. They were a little icy but not bad so we decided to venture out. Once out of the neighborhood it wasn't bad so we went to publix for milk and to McDonald's for lunch.

I have always wanted to have a big snow so I wouldn't have to go to work. Now I can't wait to get back to work so I can rest! Now I know why my Dad isn't a big fan of snow. :) Enjoy the pictures from our snowy adventures.

Avery resting after running around in the snow Friday.

She really didn't want to come in even though she was cold and wet.

Getting ready to go out in the snow on Sunday. Avery doesn't have a scarf so I put one of mine on her. She kept saying it was hot, but isn't she adorable in it?

Daddy and Avery in the snow. My two snow bunnies!


A video of Avery running in the snow Friday afternoon.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aw, so cute! Glad Avery had fun but yeah, sounds like you must've been tired! My Sam was scared of the snow so I got out of all that, for this year anyway! :)

Unknown said...

She is adorable! Looks like fun in the snow... no to teach her snowangels....