Tuesday, October 27, 2009

PUMPKIN PATCH

October 24th – Today started out as a cold day so I thought it would be fun to take Avery to our favorite Pumpkin Patch. Since David and I moved to Smyrna we have gone to Waldon Farm Pumpkin Patch every October to pick out our pumpkin. Last year was the first year we took Avery and she slept through the entire trip. This year she stayed awake the entire time. The trip wasn’t what I had in mind…but when do things go according to plan. It was cold and muddy. I forgot the battery in my camera and we didn’t bring enough cash to buy pumpkins, enjoy the hayride and visit the activity center. We had to choose and buying a pumpkin won since everyone has to have a pumpkin for Halloween, so Avery picked our her very own pumpkin (with a little help from Daddy). They did have animals the kids could look at and touch. Avery went wild over the goats. They would stick their heads out the fence and Avery would jump up and down (which I don’t have on video since I forgot my battery). I think she really wanted to pet them but then got scared as their head got close to her. I think we all had a good time even though we didn’t stay long. Next year I will be better equipped.

These are the only pictures we got by using David's phone. Avery was not really interested in looking at David but only wanted to get down and run around.

No comments: