Saturday, August 8, 2009

TO BITE OR BE BITTEN

August 7th - I had a feeling this day would come, but I still held out hope that it would pass us by. Avery has been bitten three times at fun place so it was only a matter of time before she decided to bite back. Well Friday was the day. I got a call at work that Avery bit another kid in her class. While Avery was separated from the class and the teacher was consoling the other kid, another kid decided to bite Avery (alliances sure do form early), so now it was Avery's turn to be consoled (talk about mixed signals). I'm not sure if I should be disappointed in her for biting or happy that she is sticking up for herself?!?! The daycare Director said this was normal and may last a couple of months. I really hope this doesn't continue. Does anyone have any advice on how to deal with this?

1 comment:

Kat said...

I say be happy she is sticking up for herself!