Tuesday, August 4, 2009

FARM GETAWAY

July 31st - August 2nd: David, Avery and I have been itching to get out of town, so we headed to the farm for the weekend. We had a really good weekend. Grandma hadn't seen Avery since her birthday so she was really amazed at how much Avery has grown and changed. While we were away Avery discovered she could spin around and make herself dizzy. She would spin around, fall to the ground and laugh. Below are some pictures from our trip.

On our trip I discovered how much I admire my Grandma and I really hope I can be the kind of Mom to Avery and Grandma to her kids. I told my Grandma I had been craving cupcakes and we should make some our next visit. She said "forget the next visit, lets make them now". Avery loved our strawberry cupcakes and so did I. Thanks Grandma.

My Great Aunt Betty has horses on her part of the farm. Avery got to pet this one. She wasn't as scared as I was.

We can hardly go to the farm without visiting the cows. You can't tell from this picture but it was raining, so we quickly took this picture and ran to Aunt Betty's for shelter.

My 2nd cousins were visiting Aunt Betty. I have not seen them in a couple of years because one of my cousins wife and her two kids were stuck in the Philippines. They are now home and it was really good to see them. Avery got to meet her 3rd cousins (Julie, Kayla and Keisha) and they had a blast playing together.

No comments: