Monday, May 4, 2009

TUBES & PLANTS

May 1st - The dreaded day came and went without any problems. I became really anxious Thursday afternoon when I picked Avery up from fun place and discovered she only had three feedings as opposed to her normal four. I just knew her dinner wouldn't last until after her surgery, so I immediately began to worry. On the way to pick my Mom up from the airport I saw a rainbow. I can't quote the exact chapter or verse, but the bible talks about the rainbow being a symbol of God, so I just knew everything would be ok on Friday. I will admit that I still worried.

We arrived at the hospital on Friday at 6:00 am and Avery was just a doll. She wasn't even bothered at not having anything to eat. They gave us all kinds of warning about how she would act after the surgery and I was prepared since I talked to many people who had experienced this with their children. Thankfully Avery was an exception to the rule and didn't act a bit upset. As soon as she saw David and I she had the biggest smile on her face. Though she did make it quite clear she was hungry and ready to eat. I have to say Avery is so strong for such a little person. She was a trooper and did so well. I also have to say that I held up much better than I expected. Thanks again to my Mom for coming and being with us. You were a lot of help!! Here are some pictures from the weekend.

Daddy trying to put the hospital gown on Avery. As usual she wouldn't sit still.

She was really excited about all the attention.

David and I look tired, but Avery is full of energy.

We couldn't keep her still.

Avery's new face. Isn't she adorable?

Mom and I spent Saturday shopping for plants and then planting them. It rained all day for three days but we managed to find a break in the rain so we took advantage of it.

1 comment:

Donita said...

Avery is adorable in that hospital gown! Looks like you could have fit 3 of her in it!