Wednesday, April 22, 2009

BULLY OR FLIRT

April 22nd – The best part of my day is dropping Avery off at fun place and hearing what David and I call “fun Avery stories”. My day starts off differently if there is no funny story to hear, which with Avery is rare. I’m not sure if Avery is getting bored with the babies and wants to be with the big kids or if she just has a thing about being in control (which of course she doesn’t get from her Mommy). You be the judge.

Yesterday a boy from the big kids class (1-2 year old class) came to play in her class for a while. Avery knows this child because he used to be in her class. Apparently she was so excited to have big kid to play with that she hit him a couple of times with a rattle and made him cry. He continued to cry for about 10 minutes until the teachers could calm him down. After he calmed down Avery started following him everywhere he went. He could not get out of her sight. They ate lunch together and she held on to his tray the entire time (most likely trying to steal his food). The rest of the day they were inseparable. Avery’s teacher said she would bat her eyes at him and smile. Of course I just laughed.



So I ask you…with a face like this is Avery a bully or a flirt? I’m sure she is just acting like a normal 10 1/2 month old, but David and I may really have something to worry about when she turns 16.

No comments: