Tuesday, February 10, 2009

ADVENTURE IN THE PARK

February 9th – Happy “8 month” Birthday Avery!! We had a great weekend. My Mom came to visit and the weather was great. On Saturday we took Avery to the park for the first time. I thought she would like the swings so we headed straight for the baby swings. At first she didn’t know what to think but she began to warm up to them especially when David or I swung with her. She mostly sat in the swing, while we pushed her, looking at all the other kids running around. I really don’t know where she gets that from. Next we headed to the slide. I had visions of her laughing the whole way down and wanting to go down the slide over and over again. WRONG. David put her on his lap and slides down. At the bottom she looked at him and then started crying, the kind where she can’t catch her breath. It took her about 5 minutes to calm down. I’m not sure she liked the slide.

Sunday was another beautiful 75 degree day so we decided to talk a walk around the neighborhood. She had such a good time talking and kicking her legs. I think for now we will stick to walks instead of slides in the park.

Avery and I on the swing.
She doesn't quite know what to do.

Grandma and Avery.

Avery's not so happy when she reaches the bottom of the slide.

Avery and Daddy before they go down the slide.

Below is a video of Avery on the swing.

No comments: