Friday, January 9, 2009

NOT AGAIN

January 8th - What a day Avery and I had yesterday. We got to spend the day together just Mommy and daughter, except we were both sick. I love being Avery's Mom but I can't help to think how much more I would love it if we all could get well and stay well. Avery has been congested for a week or so but on Wednesday night she started to wheez and cough badly. I decided to take her to the doctor Thursday morning thinking they would give her an antibiotic and we would be on our way. Boy was I wrong. It seems her airways were blocked and the doctor called for a chest x-ray. If you have not experienced a child chest x-ray consider yourself lucky. Avery had to sit on this contrapment and have a clear plastic shield surround her with her arms up. She did not like it and neither did it. It turns out Avery has Bronchiolitis, a lung infection caused by some kind of virus. They also tested her for RSV (results are not back yet). Avery doesn't act sick (they call it happy wheezing) but she has been a little cranky. I on the other hand am miserable and can't breathe and so I act pitiful. Good thing she doesn't take after me.

No comments: