Friday, June 6, 2008

WEEK 37

June 6th - Well the count down is on, we have now started counting days instead of weeks. We only have 15 more days (if she decides to grace us with her presence on time). I can't believe we only have 15 more days....that is exciting and scary. We are officially ready, the bags are packed and in the car and the Smyrna Police inspected car seat is in the car; now if only I could get emotionally prepared. I know this is a natural thing but I am still scared not knowing when this is going to happen and how it will feel, though I have a slight feeling it is going to hurt until I get the drugs.

We had another doctor’s appointment on Monday and things are the same. I have not changed, which is good, though I keep waiting for my water to break at any moment. The minute I let my guard down and stop waiting, it will happen. David and I are getting anxious; he told me last night he can't wait for her to get here so he can hold her. He is so excited and I can’t wait to hold her in my arms and meet this little person who keeps sticking me in the ribs with an elbow, knee or foot.

My plans are to work up until the birth. It is getting harder and harder to get up each morning and go to work. I am so tired and not motivated to do any work but I don’t want to start my maternity leave early because I want to spend all my time with our brand new baby girl, so I will make do until she arrives.

On the name front, David and I have picked out a name for baby Diamond but we are keeping it a secret. Why? Well we don’t really know but that is what we decided, so everyone will just have to wait a little longer.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think it's AWESOME that you are keeping her name a secret!! It's more fun that way!!