Friday, May 30, 2008

WEEK 36

May 28th - Well we only have about 3 1/2 more weeks to go (24 days to be exact, but who is counting). At least that is what we thought before today’s doctor appointment. David and I were very excited about today’s visit because we were going to find out the position of the baby and if I had dilated. We took bets before we went, David said I would not be dilated and I said I would be at a 1. Little did we know what we were about to find out. My doctor was not in the office today so the nurse did the exam. Cool, no problem. She started her exam and immediately told us she felt the head. That was great since we have breech births in the family and I was hoping she would not follow that family tradition. Next, came the big shocker. She informed us that I am dilated to a 3 (possibly a 4 but I like 3 better) and I am 80% effaced. I started crying and David had the biggest smile on his face. What this all boils down to is that I most likely will not make my due date of June 21st.

Now I am constantly anxious that I am going to go into labor any minute. My Braxton-Hicks are coming more often and every ache and pain makes me stop and panic. I'm told I will know when I am in labor but I can't help worrying that I won't be able to tell. I just have to put all my faith in God's hands that he will take care of me, the baby and David.

Due to our recent news, David and I have been in constant "get ready" mode. Our bags are now packed (and in the car) and the car seat is in the car. I hope she doesn't like to be funny (like her Daddy) and decide to come late now that we have scrambled to get ready. If she does that will be fine. The only thing we need to concentrate on now is a name. As many of you have asked we do not have a name. I’m hoping to get that accomplished over the weekend; we really don’t want to take her home without a name. So please keep us in your prayers as we play the waiting came for our little girl to arrive.

4 comments:

saspivey said...

Oddly enough, I got chills reading this entry (most likely because I remember this time in my pregnancy so fondly). I hope that you and David enjoy these last remaining days as a couple. This is such an exciting time for you guys!! The only unsolicited advice I want to give you both is to TRUST YOURSELVES!!! Soon, things will be so topsy-turvy that you may come to doubt your own abilities as a parent. So, please be prepared for these emotions!! You will be wonderful parents!! I'm soooo excited for you!!

Anonymous said...

BABY-SIZZLE on the way!!! sweet!!! Congrats guys!! I'm excited for you two...You'll do fine...

Anonymous said...

YAY!! I hope she's here before the 21st so we can meet her when we come to visit the weekend of the 20th!! I'm getting sooooooo excited for both of you!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Kristin and David, it's your cousin Lindsey! I hadn't had a chance to read your blog in awhile and I just got completely caught, only to hear from my mom that we are on "baby watch" - so exciting!!! I am so happy for you two and can't wait to see your adorable baby girl :) Love, Linds and John