Sunday, October 10, 2010

FIRST 5K

October 9th - Saturday Avery and I joined "Team Taylor" and ran/walked in our first 5k. This was the 11th Annual Germantown Street Festival 5k Bier Run. Since Donita and I were pushing the girls we went to the back of the crowd. The atmosphere was awesome. As I came up the hill and rounded the corner to the finish line people were cheering and it was so encouraging. Avery and I completed the race in 48.16 minutes. It was the best feeling to cross the finish line with Avery! The weather was perfect and the girls were so well behaved. Avery and I are already looking forward to our next 5k.

After the race we stayed for the festival where the girls got to ride a pony. Avery was so funny, she kept her hands near her chest and would not hold the bar until the very end. I think we have a cow girl on our hands.

Avery and I after we crossed the finish line. Avery was ready to get down and play after being in the stroller most of the morning.

Donita, the girls and I after the race.

Team Taylor: Me, Avery, Danielle, Donita, Reagan and Amelia. I'm so glad Team Taylor had enough room for the Diamonds.

Avery and I getting ready for our first 5k.

2 comments:

Donita said...

Team Taylor now won't be complete unless you run with us for our next 5k! Really appreciate you coming to the 5k.

Danielle said...

team taylor always has room for sparkling diamonds.