Friday, January 1, 2010

WELCOME 2010

January 1st - Happy New Year. I hope everyone had a fun and safe New Years Eve. David and I actually stayed up and rang in the new year. For the last couple of years we have stayed at home. We put Avery to bed, built a fire, ordered a pizza, drank some wine and watched a movie. It was a nice evening and I was glad I was not out in the cold. I did try to see the blue moon but it was very cloudy in Smyrna so I missed out on seeing it. As is our tradition we had our New Years Day meal with my Big Grandma. This year was special because my Dad and Ann were able to be here with us. For good luck we eat the following: Southern style - black eyed peas, hog jaw, baked apples and biscuits German style - kraut and kielbasa. It was good and for the first time Avery got to eat the food. She's not a fan of kraut but I know she will become one since most of my family like it. As is also my tradition I made a resolution. My resolution this year is to treat others as I would want to be treated. It sounds so simple but can actually be hard at times. I am going to try really hard this year to be a better wife, mother, daughter, sister, friend and granddaughter.

I hope everyone has very happy and prosperous 2010, may it be better than 2009.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

you did better than I did, I didn't even make it to 10pm. Oh well, there is always next year. ha. sounds like a great way to start the new year... the menu sounds "interesting"

Kat said...

You're already the best sister a girl could have, so good luck with the other resolutions!

Love you!
jules