Monday, May 25, 2009

HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY

May 22nd - 25th: Happy Memorial Day weekend. I just love long weekends especially this one because it is about Veterans (my Little Granddad was one) and it marks the beginning of the summer (which means I can now wear white - yes I hold that belief). We spent the weekend at my Little Grandma's house in the country. On Saturday night we went to a concert in downtown Lobelville. We saw The Lost Creek Boys (a Lobelville favorite) and Mel McDaniel. You may know some of his hits, such as "Louisiana Saturday night" and "Baby's got her blue jeans on". We had a great time. Sunday Grandma watched Avery while David and I went on a date in the big city of Dickson. We spent Memorial Day relaxing and of course eating. I hope everyone had a good Memorial Day weekend.

This picture isn't from this weekend but I thought it was cute. My Mom bought her this hat so she wouldn't burn her face.
Grandma just had this great deck built. You can see the Buffalo River and watch people go down the river in canoes.

This is us at the concert. For some reason my Grandma is in to taking pictures where I am not looking at the camera. She says these are the best kind but I'm not ready.

Avery is very patriotic with her American flag.

No comments: