Thursday, April 2, 2009

THIS IS NO APRIL FOOL'S JOKE

April 1 - So, we’ve had a child safety gate in our house for about a week now. I am thinking we need to set it up as soon as possible. As Avery and I were playing on the floor, she did her normal routine of crawling to the bottom step and then pulling herself up to a standing position. I glanced away so I could put a coaster back on our coffee table and the next thing I see is that Avery made it up to the third step. I quickly got behind her incase she decided to lean back. I did it quietly so I wouldn’t startle her. She nonchalantly kept climbing up step after step until she was at the midway point. I don’t know if she was tired or scared but she all of a sudden stopped. I picked her up and brought her back down to ground level so she could resume chewing on the television remote control.

No comments: