Tuesday, January 20, 2009

WEEKEND GETAWAY

January 17th – 19th – David and I spent our first weekend away from Avery. We left Avery with my Little Grandma and Vandaddy and hit the road to Tunica, MS. Before we left her I was sad and full of quilt for leaving her, but my Grandma assured me we needed the time away and she would be fine. We raced out of Grandma’s house (so I wouldn’t cry) and hit the road. I resisted the urge to call my Grandma every hour on the hour to see what she was doing. It did get easier each day and I only checked in once or twice a day. We had a great weekend and so did she. We shopped, ate, napped, ate, gambled and ate some more. The highlight for me was eating at Paula Deen’s buffet, having a spa service and winning at Caribbean Stud Poker. Monday on the way home I asked David if he felt something was missing when Avery was not around and he said yes. It is amazing how such a tiny person can make us feel whole. As for Avery, she had a great time being spoiled by Great Grandma and I think they bonded.

2 comments:

Donita said...

Congratulations on a great trip and reclaiming some couple time!

saspivey said...

I am soooo jealous!! I would kill to have some family around to leave Jacob with so that Brian and I could get away. You are sooooo lucky! Glad that you two had a great time!