Wednesday, January 23, 2008

FINALLY

We have finally reached the second trimester and I am feeling so much better. My nausea is completely gone, my energy is returning and my appetite is returning. The cravings have started. I want anything that is salty, such as potato chips, french fries and (I know it is a cliché) pickles. I usually love to eat sweets but now I'd rather have more salty foods. I've heard some people say that means we’re having a boy.

As my belly is beginning to grow it is starting to sink in that David and I are going to be parents. I find myself going between excitement and fear. When I think about the awesome things my body is doing to create, grow and protect this baby, I am truly amazed. I didn’t realize it until I got pregnant but having a baby is such a miracle. However, when I begin to think about diapers, daycare, saving for college and raising a responsible adult I panic. I'm told all these feelings are normal but sometimes it feels overwhelming so I am trying just to think about seeing our little baby for the first time.

No comments: