Wednesday, March 5, 2008

24 WEEKS



March 3rd - Today was my 24th week appointment. I had to go alone this time since David is not allowed to drive. This appointment was pretty much the same as the rest except my doctor finally measured my uterus. I measured 24cm, which is right on track since your measurement should equal the number of weeks you are pregnant. When the nurse checked her heartbeat she had a hard time finding it because baby girl kept moving away from the pressure. Finally after 3 tries baby girl stayed still and I was able to hear her heartbeat, which is still going strong.

Baby girl is now kicking up a storm. I feel her mostly in the morning, after lunch and in the evening. Lately I have been drinking lemonade with my lunch, which really gets her going. I don't know if it is the sugar or what but she is so active while I am drinking lemonade.

We have started looking for ideas for the nursery. We think we have picked out her bedding and bedroom furniture. I think we have decided to get a convertible crib, which turns into a single bed, so she can use it for the next 12 years (that may be wishful thinking). We can't wait to start getting her room together though we have a lot of cleaning to do to make room for her stuff, but I think it will be fun.

People keep asking us about names and we have not really spent a lot to time talking about her name. I have a name I like and David wants to throw some names in the ring. Honestly, I think we both are avoiding the subject right now since we all know how I get when I don’t get my way. Once we figure out her name we will let everyone know.

No comments: